Happenings Beyond the Lion

Happenings Beyond the Lion

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Turquoise

Turquoise is my favorite color and it has always been that way.  It's not blue and it's not green.  It's both.  Maybe it is my favorite because it is my Nannie's favorite color.  My childhood memories are filled with that color.  Growing up, my weekends were spent playing with my cousins on Nannie and Grandad's turquoise shag carpet and playing in the turquoise waters of Navarre Beach, just a few minutes away from their home.  It is the color of my children's eyes.  And it is the color of my favorite place in the world, Pensacola Beach.

Pensacola Beach, Florida
Our summers are full of turquoise.  Swimming and hunting shells and playing until the sun sets.

Admiring his treasure


In a place where she is weightless and not bound by reality.  She can fly or be a mermaid or a princess of a tropical island.  It's the magic of the beach when visited by a child's imagination.




All seems right, from our beach chairs.







From my kitchen sink, I look out my window and thank God for the colors in my life and the colors in my childhood memories.  And I pray that my Margo and Jude will look back one day on their childhood memories that are full of turquoise, and feel the same overflowing joy that I do. 


My childhood turquoise:  Nannie's and Grandad's with the cousins. 

Riding in the back of the Ram to the beach until we were burnt and ready to play on the carpet until there wasn't any play left in us.


This post is part of the Artist Inspired Blog Circle series.  Every artist will have their own vision of the theme,{Turquoise}.  Continue through the circle of their visions for {Turquoise} by clicking on the links.  Next up is the most talented, Nikki Smith.  To enjoy the beauty of her work and her artistic vision on this theme, click HERE.

The Artists Inspired Blog Circle is made up of an exceptionally talented group of photographers from all walks of life, from all over the world.  They are wives, mothers, friends, daughters and visual storytellers who draw from their own experiences to create art that is inspiring, unique, beautiful and thought-provoking.


Image may contain: text

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what wonderful images! They are each so striking, and I simply adore the ones of your Nannie and Grandad. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Sarah! I don't get home to that beach nearly often enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - what a great post, I love how you incorporate older photo's. What fun memories. I love the big open beach image. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete