Happenings Beyond the Lion

Happenings Beyond the Lion

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Green - The Artist Inspired Blog Circle - March 2017

The tree that stands tall out front is our tool for the measurement of seasons.  And right now, the brown, bare branches are giving way to beautiful green growth.  Spring is on her way and March has sprinkled us with evidence of her return.

"Behold, I am making all things new."  - Revelation 21:5

In spring, everything is so new and green and vibrant.  So, when I think about what the color green represents as a theme, I think of the new life and growth that Spring brings.  And of course for my life, I relate that to my children.  They are in Spring.  Sprouting and growing, they are in great need of Light and nutrients and rich soil and an environment that allows them to grow strong roots, with an upright stem.  So for me, I think my interpretation for the theme of {green} can be best represented in a letter to my daughter and son as they grow in their Springtime to prepare for the other seasons of this life.

Dear Margo and Jude, my Lily and Man Cub,

Oh my, when I think about the abundant goodness that God has blessed me with when He chose me as your gardener, to love and nurture and protect and grow you to be the best you can possibly be.  The pace that you're growing at is hard for me at times.  There is so much I want to tell you and show you, and sometimes I don't feel like life is giving me adequate time.

I could have never dreamed of souls more beautiful and pure than the two of you!

"You don't Have a soul.  You are a Soul.  You have a body." -C.S. Lewis

Beloved Margo, you're like a beautiful combination of Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way, and Belle, strange and special, with your nose stuck in a book.

"She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." -Proverbs 31:25 
And my Jude, you're just a magical combination of Peter Pan, flying through your adventure on dreams, and Mowgli, wild and brave and free and full of curiosity, and you couldn't be fonder of your big home.

"But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior." -Jeremiah 20:11

God trusted me to grow two very different people.  And oh, how I celebrate your differences!  Your life song sings, Margo, of your deepest love for your Heavenly Father.  So full of music.  Melodies and harmonies flow continuously.  From deep in your heart, your music bursts out through your fingertips and boastfully, your voice carries it to spread love for all to hear.  You have a love for others, greater than anyone I've ever met.  It is truly the most powerful kind of love I've ever seen in action.

"Praise Him with stringed instruments." - Psalm 150:4

"My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul!" -Psalm 108:1
And so full of joy and energy, Jude, you are light even in times of darkness.  My goodness, how your creativity and ingenuity amaze me continually!  Your work is magnificent and your heart is tender.  You tinker and build with purpose and thoughtfulness and with vision of a better world.  I catch myself having to work on my patience as I ponder the possibilities of your future. I know God's plans for you are grand!

"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9

"And the child grew and became strong in spirit." Luke 1:80
As spring fades and other seasons move in, you may see things that weren't there before.  The world will give you false impressions about priorities and life truths.  Of course, as your Mama, I want happiness for you.  But more than happiness, I want joy for you.  Not the type of joy that the world will tell you about.  As you grow, please know that real joy is not based on circumstance or getting the desires of your heart.  Joy is from the Lord.  No matter what's ahead in life, you can have joy because in the presence of God there is fullness of joy.  There will be great pain and grief in your life.  We just aren't promised a life free from sadness.  However, He is with us.  So through the fire and through the storms of the seasons ahead, the Lord is with you. Trust Him.  Find peace in Him.  Make His Will your own.  Fully surrender.



"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world  gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -John 14:27

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you."  
-Isaiah 43:2

Be humble.  Be selfless.  You are of such great worth.  Your value can't be measured.  But live life, putting others first.  Love others genuinely and with the greatest amount of kindness.  I love the quote from C.S. Lewis, "Humility is not thinking less of yourself; it's thinking of yourself less."  Be broken.  Bear the burdens of others.  Be compassionate.  Live out your faith and purpose with fullness.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others above yourselves."  -Philippians 2:3

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you you will learn to know God's Will for you which is good and pleasing and perfect." -Romans 12:2

I love you with the greatest love, my Lily and Man Cub.  Enjoy Spring.  Let it always be a part of who you are.

Forever with all my love,
Your Mama and Gardener of your Spring


"The Lord is my Shepard I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul.  He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake."  -Psalm 23:1-3


"Greater is He that is in me." -I John 4:4

"I lift my eyes to the hills from where my help comes from the Lord, Who made the heaven and earth." -Psalm 121


"But you, man of God, pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness." -I Timothy 6:11

"Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

"Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." -Colossians 2: 7

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  -Jeremiah 29:13

"Our soul waits for the Lord Who is our help and our shield.  May your kindness O Lord, be upon us who have put our hope in You."  -Psalm 33:20-22

"God is with her she will not fall." -Psalm 46:5


"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not be faint."  -Isaiah 10:31

This post is part of the Artist Inspired Blog Circle series.  Every artist will have their own vision of the theme, "Green".  Continue through the circle of their visions for {Green} by clicking on the links.  Next up is the most talented, Shelby White.  To enjoy the beauty of her work and her artistic vision, click HERE

The Artists Inspired Blog Circle is made up of an exceptionally talented group of photographers from all walks of life, from all over the world.  They are wives, mothers, friends, daughters and visual storytellers who draw from their own experiences to create art that is inspiring, unique, beautiful and thought-provoking.

Image may contain: text

My study in Scripture and inspiration during this writing was Psalm 46


13 comments:

  1. Amazing images and post! I love all the verses that you paired with the images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, this has floored me and brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute to your children. You love is so rich and your blog speaks volumes of the richness of God's blessings in your life. This is truly beautiful and your images are amazing. Make copies of this and give it to both your children. It is a treasure to hold on to. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for such kind words!! So appreciated!! ❤️

      Delete
  3. what a sweet idea to do letters to your children. And I love that quote by C.S. Lewis and your images of them are so beautiful
    -Ashley S (roots2nest)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love how you have done this theme. Those boy warrior pics are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so thankful you've joined us. Your writing is so moving and heartfelt and your images simply breathtaking. I love the way you've combined words and photographs to describe and affirm your precious children in the light of God's Word. Thank you for sharing your heart and inspiring mine. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I'm grateful to be included!❤️

      Delete
  6. I adore the dreamy way in which you write, Sarah and these images are just gorgeous!!! <3

    ReplyDelete