Happenings Beyond the Lion

Happenings Beyond the Lion

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Inspired by Life- March

The Fog.  I've never gone to the beach on a day that I could only see a few feet ahead of where I stood.  It was extremely white and opaque.  The ground, the sky, the air; all white.  The plants even seemed without color.  I could hear the waves, but I couldn't see them.  It was a bit like walking by faith.  I could hear the thunder of a far off storm approaching.  I could feel the wind and hear it whistle through the oats.  I could hear and smell the crashing salt water.  But I couldn't see much other than the mist of thick condensation floating around me.  After walking only a few feet, I couldn't see where I had come from.  


If I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there, Your hand will guide me, and Your strength will support me.  -Psalm 139:9-10





Even through the fog, the power of God is mighty and profoundly evident.  Being only a few weeks away from Easter, I'm strongly reminded of the sacrifice paid on my behalf by my Savior.

Just the week before He rose from His grave, they took palm branches, greeting Him as the King, shouting, "Hosanna!"  "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!" -John 12:13


And only days later, would they turn their backs, spitting on Him and ridiculing Him.  Calling for His undeserved death.

But He was pierced for our transgressions.  He was crushed for our iniquities.  Upon Him was the punishment that brought us peace and by His wounds we are healed.  -Isaiah 53:5


On a hill, the cross of our Messiah stood between two criminals.  This blameless Man, sent to save the world, hung on a cross, naked, affixed there by three spikes, impaled through His perfect body. 
For us.  For undeserving me. 



For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believes in Him, should not parish but have everlasting life.  -John 3:16


Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.  I have called you by name.  You are Mine.  -Isaiah 43:25


This post is part of the Inspired by Life Blog Circle series.  Photographers from around the world will share what has inspired them to pick up their cameras.  Continue through the circle by clicking on the links.  Next up is the most talented, Channon Williamson.  To enjoy the beauty of her work and see what inspired her for the March blog, click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...
    Beautiful post for this Easter season. The images you captured here sure tugged at my heart when I read through each passage and verse. Spreading His good word through your sweet talent <3 it Sarah <3

    ReplyDelete